Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ups and Downs


When I was packing my room up I removed this poster from my wall.


This was given to me in my VSO Preparing to Volunteer training.  It illustrates the feelings that you will experience at some point in your placement.  Not in any particular order but you will have these moments we were told.

They were so right but what they failed to mention was that you can have them all within the same day, even the same morning or afternoon or on extreme days within one hour.  I never fail to be amazed at how quickly I can move between these states.

I am being reminded of this now as I start my new job  - the rollercoaster is beginning again.  I stupidly forgot that moving jobs is stressful and combined with moving house has been even more so.  This new job is so different from my VSO placement and is giving rise to challenges that I never experienced with that which has surprised me.

Oh well early days and I must stick at it.  On the plus side home in two weeks when I can try to gain some perspective and contemplate the future.  All helped by two nights at this wonderful hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment