Monday 18 March 2013

One Year na Salone


So 12 months today I arrived in Freetown.  So what skills have I acquired and what do I appreciate more than before?

I can open packet water with my teeth

I can drink from a packet water without soaking myself

I can stand a packet water up on its end without it falling over

I can bucket shower with the minimal use of water

I donated my first pint of blood

I rode on an okada wearing my big rucksack without falling off

I realised I prefer having running water to having power

Krio has been much harder to master that I thought it would be

The pleasure of having a shower at 5pm when the water has heated in the tank all day – the bliss of a hot shower!

Walking down streets that resemble dried up river beds in high heels without falling over

Happily having powdered milk in my tea

There are many more that I am sure I have missed but these are those that come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment