Friday 15 February 2013

Mid February – a time of change


Today was my last day in the Directorate of Financial Resources at the Ministry of Health and Sanitation.  Funnily this is exactly one year on from leaving Tata Steel.  Here are some pictures of the farewell they gave me and my gift.

The Management Team:  Sorie, Amara and I

Sorie, who kept me sane

The team, who kept me smiling

My gift


But I hear you ask, what is going on? Your one year VSO placement at the Ministry was due to finish in March.  Yes it is but I am leaving early as a new chapter is about to begin.  I may be finished with VSO but I am not departing Sierra Leone just yet.

On 1 March I start working for Concern Worldwide as a Finance Officer.  Concern work in Freetown, the Western area and Tonkilili District.  My volunteer role is a new one where I shall be spending half my time in the Freetown office working on donor reporting and the other half in the Magburaka office, the administrative centre for Tonkilili District, working with local partners.  So I shall be an UpLine Girl rather than an Uptown Girl. 

But first two weeks off work to pack and move myself to Magburaka.  I am quite amazed at how much I have amassed in such a short time.  I will be sad to leave my VSO house as I have been very happy there. 

Apart from packing I am making the most of the time off by visiting Banana Island this weekend and making a four day trip to Turtle Island next weekend!  All part of my reconnaissance for drawing up the perfect itinerary for those who come to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment