Friday 24 May 2013

Wherever I lay my hat..

that's my home, so the song goes.

When I decided to come back to Freetown in April I needed somewhere to live.  Luckily Jo (Freetown Fashpack) Dunlop came to my rescue by renting me a room in her house.  However, Jo has visitors for most of May so I have had to move out.  So this month I have been relying on the charity of friends who have allowed me to stay with them.

My first stop was on The Maze where I moved in with Banke, Alex, Imran and Nathan.  It’s been a long time since I have lived with so many people but I loved it!  And who wouldn't love this lovely house.

Look at the size of the balcony!
I had forgotten how much fun it is to live in a shared house.  Another bonus was that the mattress on my single bed was the most comfy I have slept on in the last 14 months.

My lovely wee room and the comfiest bed
So many lovely nights of sleep with a fan too!  This was my first experience of having a generator and the responsibilities that go with it.  Should I put it one solely to do my washing, should I wait for someone else to be in, how long does 10 litres of fuel last?  Unfortunately, these questions came up often as the National Power Authority (NPA) was not providing electricity for the bulk of my time there. 

Two and a half weeks up it’s time to move on to Ed’s. This will be a very different time again as he’s off to the UK so I’m housesitting all by myself in an area of town I don’t know too well. Solitude returns.  Solitude with a generator, running water with water heater, TV, DVD player and loads of DVDS.  I feel many hours may be spent on the sofa in the next fortnight.

The house is beautifully situated with amazing views.  Here’s the one from my bedroom.  My room here is far bigger and I found it odd sleeping on this big bed after my time in a single bed. 

View over Aberdeen

A lovely space to sleep and work
I am such a lucky girl to have these wonderful friends who have been so generous.  So thank you to you all.  I really do appreciate your hospitality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment