Friday 28 June 2013

My Century

When I first started this blog I had no idea if I would have the resilience to keep posting.  To be honest it has been hard at times with lack of internet access, the time it takes to upload photos and coming up with posts I think people will be interested to read. However, this is the 100th post!
  
Thinking about how to mark this moment I reflected that this blog is maybe not all it seems.  This is the sanitised version.  The problem with a blog is that anyone can read it and with that in mind you have to temper what you write for fear of offending people – you really don’t know who may stumble across it. 

That is one element the other is that I always, in the words of Johnny Mercer, “accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative”.   That said there have not been too many negative moments but they are there.  So here is a list of ten things that have pulled me down in the last 15 months, in no particular order.

  1. The periods with no running water
  2. Weeks and weeks without power
  3. Missing my “old” friends when times are tough
  4. Missing weddings, 50th birthday celebrations, first Holy Communions
  5. Feeling I’m blogging into a big empty space when my email inbox is empty
  6. Reading about theatre that I have missed
  7. Loneliness
  8. Uncertainty about what next
  9. Not hearing back from companies about job applications I have submitted
  10. Missing seeing my godchildren growing up – they change so fast

 Of course this is more than balanced by the wonderful people I know here but some days it’s tough living here.


No comments:

Post a Comment