Monday 24 June 2013

Settled, finally

After my time as a travelling hobo I have finally settled into my new Freetown house.  It’s a lovely building on a very rough road but full of lovely charm.

lovely balcony where I spend lots of time reading


The house

























Part of the charm is a lack of electricity.  We don’t have a generator so are at the whim of the National Power Authority (NPA).  A phrase you will hear often in Freetown at the moment is “Light don go” meaning there is no electricity.  The one I would prefer to hear much more often is “Light don kam”.  We’ve been without for over a week now but we did have 3 hours the other night when everything was plugged in to charge, water pumped from the storage tank to tank on roof and I popped on my water heater so I could enjoy a hot shower.

Oh the joys of living in Freetown.  Here are some pics of my new bedroom.

Another bed

lots of lovely wardrobe space


pictures of friends from home make the place feel like home






No comments:

Post a Comment