Monday 9 September 2013

Farmageddon


One of the joys of my time in Sierra Leone has been meeting so many new people.  They all come with amazing tales of travelling, studying, working and living in general.

One of these people is Tom, who for the last 11 years has been organising a music festival on his parents farm.  This year I attended my first Farmageddon with a group of Sierra Leone returnees.  A great way to catch up picnicking in the sunshine with a glass of Cava in hand.

Off we headed to a secret location in Cambridgeshire where the Age of Aquarius was with us once more as Woodstock was recreated.  It was amazing,  The organisation that went in to this was huge - beer, cider, cocktails, sausages, stages, tents, bands (lots of bands), a smoothie stand, a children's area - it was all there.

A thoroughly wonderful day (day for me as I headed back to London in evening rather than camping and dancing to the wee small hours).  Here is the gang

Dave, Laura, Beth, Bryn, Tom, Heather,Banke, Freya, Marc and Me

Thank you Tom and Mark.  I look forward to next year

No comments:

Post a Comment