Tuesday 26 November 2013

Thoughts of home - my childhood home

Before I came to Sierra Leone I had always poo pooed the use of social networking sites such as Facebook.  It must be said that that has changed in the last 18 months as I have rejoined Facebook and have used it to keep up with people from home and those I have met here that have moved on.

Through various "likes" of friends I have joined the "Macduff and it's community group" (all grammatical pedants (I include myself here) the apostrophe in the name is what the group is called not my lack of knowledge of how to use an apostrophe).  So grammar forgiven I have enjoyed looking at pictures of the place I spent my childhood.  It's amazing how nostalgic you can become when you move away.

Here are some of my favourite images of Banff and Macduff.  All Canadian readers (there may be some) - this is the original Banff.

The anchor in Macduff near Shand Street,  taken by Francis Masson 

The bridge connecting Macduff and Banff, taken by Jimmy Thompson

Weather I remember well,  taken by Mac Duffer


Macduff Harbour with Doune Church
And here is Banff Links where I spent sunny Scottish days.  You know what? It could match a Salone beach for beauty but not the temperatures - note the obligatory wind breaker.
Banff Links

No comments:

Post a Comment