Sunday 9 December 2012

A tent on my spare bed – it can’t be good for my Feng Shui


A few weeks ago I borrowed a tent from my friend Ed as I was off to the beach and may have needed one.  In the end I didn’t so it sat in the cupboard.

Last Saturday I was at a loose end so decided to open it up.  It’s a pop up tent and it did just that when I removed it from its carrier – pop there it was.

said instructions
Great I thought that’s easy.  So I consulted the instructions on how to collapse and store.  I encountered the first problem as the instructions are in German. 

Not a big issue I thought as I studied German to higher level (1984!) and there are pictures.  Ten minutes later absolutely no luck – I had managed to achieve a lovely circle of tent but it’s double the size of the carrying case.


carrying case - it will be used again one day!















So out came the laptop to use Google translate to see what the instructions said.  Turns out I should be creating 3 circles.  During the searching discovered a youtube video (there are numerous) showing how to achieve the task that I am now thinking is impossible.  But, internet is so slow here there was no way to watch it.

So the outcome is one week on I have a tent on top of the spare bed.

My spare room!
Hopefully someone can come to my rescue this week.  Marc did have a look at it but it flummoxed us both.

Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Please,  somebody – I have guests next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment