Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter 2013

Hello from the UK!

This year unlike last I have spent my Easter rolling eggs with Kate, Hannah and Eve. Normal service was resumed as I headed to Elgin to spend Easter with the Leonards and the Sauls.

I had landed on the 28th with great worries about my preparedness for the below zero temperatures. I was, therefore, very happy to hear the captain say it was 4 degrees as we landed.  These temperatures have continued and have been joined by bright blue skies and sunshine.  So good is the weather that I have managed three runs where I have not felt the effects of hypothermia and may even have sweated.

However, Duffus Castle was not in the warm category on Sunday.  The wind whipped around the ruined castle as we had a picnic before rolling the beautifully decorated eggs.  There were enough for all the adults too including my mum and dad who were roped in the fun.  I had a special egg to roll as Eve had painted one with me living in a mud hut - perhaps she knows something about my future that I don't.

Eve holding my egg

Here are some images of the day - 31 March 2013 - when British Summertime had officially begun!

View form the castle of the Laich o' Moray

The hill and rolling the eggs


.
Happy picnickers
Duffus Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment