Monday 22 April 2013

Back in Freetown


Well it’s one week on since my last post and I’m at the end of my first week back in Freetown.  For some reason the two and a half weeks away felt far longer so  it’s almost like starting over again.  Of course this isn’t the case as I have been welcomed back into the bosom of my Freetown family.

First piece of good news is that I have a new home where I was very warmly welcomed at 7am last Tuesday.  I am subletting from the lovely Jo who has been mentioned before in this blog for her amazing fashion blog – Freetown Fashpack.  Click here to read her musings on the eclectic style of Freetowners.

We have a day guard called Ibrahim who seemed especially excited to meet me and I am transported back to my days in Nashville as he calls me “Miss Lynne”.  We have been bonding as I am around in the day as I start my job hunt. 

So what have I been up to this week?  Lots of catching up with folk as I spread the news that I am looking for a job, that’s what.  Freetown has a small community of expats so my first strategy is to let as many people know as possible that I am looking.  Networking has never been one of my favourite skills but it’s amazing what changes when needs must.

The week ended on a lovely note as there was a party where I managed to see lots of people, dance and generally let my hair down.  Saturday was a time for chilling as a group of us headed to a new guesthouse at Cockle Point to spend the night.  Lovely!  I had heard good things and it really did live up to expectations.  Though it is near River No.2 beach the guesthouse is positioned on the bend of the river giving it a lakeside feel.

Sunset approaches

Banke and Laura wear their shades well

In the morning light

In case we forgot where we were

So rested and relaxed I’m ready for week two and putting those final tweaks on my CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment