Monday 15 April 2013

Into the unknown

Well here I am, sitting at Heathrow Terminal 5 waiting to board the BA flight back to Freetown.

I have a confession.  I have not been keeping this blog totally up to date.  Truth is that on 27 March I resigned from Concern.  "But you just started" I hear you cry.  Indeed I had but after three and a half weeks I knew this was not the job for me.  A whole host of reasons - mixing the professional and personal.  All that needs to be said is that it is "don don".

However, I am not "don don" with Sierra Leone.  I have decided to return to see what opportunities there are in the area of private sector development.  Given my long corporate career I feel this is where I shall be much more at home and have far more to give.

I have a couple of leads and I shall update you all on my progress.  At the moment I am following the words of Susan Jeffers by "feeling the fear and doing it anyway".  In the last 6 weeks I have been reminded often from a range of family and friends that life is too short to not go out and live life in the way that makes you happy.  I'm ready to embrace my vulnerability and move forward to enjoy a life filled exciting new adventures.

And now a word of thanks to all of you who have listened to me in the last 6 weeks - without you all I would not be sitting here happy and excited about a new challenge.  Sometimes I believe you have more faith in me than I have in myself.  It's time for me to be more accepting of myself and realise I do have all that I need within me.

Following The Work of Byron Katie in the next 4 months I am going to forget about your business and God's business to concentrate on my business.



No comments:

Post a Comment