Monday 12 August 2013

The August rain....

Last year I escaped back to the UK for the month of August.  Why?  Well August is reputedly the worst month of the rainy season.  This year I am not off to the UK until the 15th of this month so am braving out the weather.  And brave i did on Friday when it rained and rained.  I have never seen anything like it or had a wetter birthday.  It was coming down in sheets for hours.

In July we had rain but also had lovely sunny days but August has been far wetter.  In some ways it's nice to be hemmed in by the rain as you can settle down to watch a whole box set - The Wire, The Killing, The Sopranos, The ........, you get the idea.   My personal fav is the Nordic Noir of The Killing, The Bridge and Borgen.  I shall be a fluent Danish speaker soon.

Or you can pick up those big thick books.  I've just finished Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall (guess what my first book purchase in the UK shall be) and I've started Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy - a 1400 page book which has engaged me from page 1.

That said you do have to go out sometimes.  In order to keep as dry as I can I have adopted the Glastonbury look - wellies, shorts, t-shirt, anorak and umbrella to make doubly sure.  Nice! If I'm off to work I then carry a change of clothes.

The strange bulge is my handbag
So you can understand the need for this protection here are some pictures of the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment