Monday 16 December 2013

Final Days

I have had a very laid back couple of weeks as I wind down to leaving.  This came to a peak with three days at Tokeh Sands.

Love the logo's use of flag


View of the resort from the sea


This is my favourite beach in Sierra Leone.  I have spent many an afternoon lazing there but the added bonus is that you can go walking along to either No.1 River or No.2 River.

Walking from No.2 River is the way I reached Tokeh as it is faster to take a taxi to No.2 and walk as the road between No,2 and Tokeh is terrible. Crossing the river is part of that but luckily there is a row boat that covers the short distance.

Starting point at No.2

The boat!
So I arrived on Monday about 11am and left at 3pm on Wednesday.  In that time I contemplated leaving and what next.  I have made some decisions and these will be put into action in January.  Reading has been a big part of life these last three months and these three days were no exception as I ploughed through the Hunger Games triology.

I have come back so much more relaxed and at ease with myself.  A revelation was how happy I was to have such minimal contact with other people.  "Me time" is so key to me now as it allows be to reinvigorate myself.  Here's a selection of images from this time.


Beautiful!
Sunset
My spot!

Final Sunset

Bye Bye Tokeh - I shall be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment