Tuesday 31 December 2013

Last Post

The sunsets on 2013

for 2013 but there are a few more posts to come as I reflect on my time in Sierra Leone.

2014 is a whole new adventure as I move back to London, take repossession of my flat and empty the storage unit.  The last part is not something I am looking forward to but it will be lovely to have all my possessions around me to settle back into Surbiton from February.

So 2013 has been a year of change.  I started the year in my VSO flat while working at the Ministry, there was that wee blip with my short time at Concern and finally my foray into self employed consultancy. Challenging is definitely the word to describe it all.  I surprised myself with my resilience through the year as there were many moments when I thought about throwing in the towel and slinking back home.  I stuck it out to my own amazement and am proud of what I have achieved.

2013 was a time of many rooms.  I moved about this year so the stability of living in one place will be something to relish in the next year, that said I am thinking about a one bedroom place in East London. Priorities though, I have to find a job first so job hunting followed by flat hunting.

Time to sign off for 2013 and pull out my CV to make those final revisions.

Happy Hogmany and all the best for 2014 wherever you are reading this.





No comments:

Post a Comment