Wednesday 26 September 2012

Changing Rooms Salone Style


There have been times in my past (14 years ago) when I have been  told that I bear a resemblance to Carol Smillie who presented Changing Rooms on BBC1. I personally never saw it myself but I was separately stopped on the tube and bus to be informed of this likeness.
 
Anyway, Changing Rooms was a programme where couples would swap houses with friends or neighbours with each pair doing up one room in each other's homes.  Some of the ideas were interesting, to say the least, and the highlight of the programme was the reveal at the end.
Why this reminiscence? Well, a few Fridays ago there was a hive of activity in the office next to mine.  Nosey as ever, I had to have a look and discovered a major revamp job underway.  I grabbed my camera to take the before picture.
Before

Back in the office on Monday I rushed to see what transformation had occurred over the weekend.   I opened the door and was speechless at what I beheld
After

I have truly never seen an office that fancy in all my years of working – and that includes my time in Nashville where an office was not complete without a sofa.
Inspired by the difference a bit of redecoration and reupholstering can make I have set about updating my balcony.  How do you think I’ve done?

Before

After
 All ir needs is a good lick of paint now - but that maybe for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment